Thanks for Showing Up!

I know that there are lots of important places on the web where you could be. This isn't one of the nicest or most thought provoking but it is a place where you can find balance in your daily life. So take some time away from a hectic world and spend some time adding stability to your day.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Last Day in Paris

A number of years ago Peggy had told me she had always dreamed of going to Paris, France. It was one of those things I stuck in the back of my mind.  Many people might call that a pipe dream, one of those things you want to do but will never accomplish. When I was booking reservations for Paul's Journeys the travel agent said we would be flying home through France. It was going to be an  eight hour layover. Immediately my mind began to wonder. I remembered the conversation from many years ago and then, I thought of all that Peggy had given up for me. I decided it was time for me to do something special for her. The eight hour layover turned into a three day adventure. 


I was going to surprise Peggy and not tell her we were going to spend 3 days in Paris, but my excitement was too great.  I had to tell her about the little hotel in downtown Paris. One that was so close to Notre Dame and the Louvre that we could walk there and so close to the Seine River where we could ride a boat together.  I still remember the look in her eyes when she said, " You mean I am going to get to go to the Louvre; that has always been on my bucket list!"  The look on her face and her words were priceless! Now she seen first hand the Venus De Milo.


And the Mona Lisa . . . 


Tell me guys, can you tell me three things that your wife would love to do or go to in this lifetime? Can you think of a dream she would like to fulfill? All too often our minds focus on the things we would like to accomplish in this life, but let me tell you there has been great joy these last three days in watching my wife check something off of her bucket list.  

My friends, listen to your spouse, find out what her dreams are and then make it happen. It just may give you more pleasure than fulfilling you own dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment